CHLOR*RID™ (9992259 1 Gal, 9992257 5 Gal) – CHLOR*RID™ is an organic bonding chemical blend which aids in the removal of chlorides, sulphates and most other soluble salts. It contains no volatile organic compounds and is biodegradable.
- It is recommended as a wash solution for the removal of soluble salt contamination from surfaces prior to application of primers or coatings on a variety of surfaces including ferrous and nonferrous metals, wood and plastics and concrete. EVS Environment Consultants conducted the LC50 toxicity test on May 30, 1995 for both fresh and salt-water species at 3%. The CHLOR*RID™ report from EVS dated August 22, 1995 to Powertech Labs stated that the CHLOR*RID™ had less than 50% mortality for both species.
- CHLOR*RID™ can be used in all surface preparation procedures, including hand washing, pressure washing, and abrasive blasting. Because of the wide variety of surface conditions, work environments, weather conditions, etc., these directions are general and may require alterations to suit individual project conditions. Always do a test area, and consult your CHLOR*RID™ supplier if additional information is needed.
- MANUAL WASHING Add CHLOR*RID™ to potable water at a rate of 23 ml to 1 litre (3 oz to 1 gallon) of water. Use a hand brush and scrub surface with a circular motion, reversing direction periodically. Hand washing is intended for small areas only and is not recommended for porous surfaces, such as concrete or pitted steel. Add CHLOR*RIDTM to rinse water at 1 to 100 ratio.
- HIGH PRESSURE WASHING CHLOR*RID™ is added to the water of the pressure washer, usually in a dilution ratio from 1:50 to 1:100. The application rate is dependent on the contamination level and the water quality. Add CHLOR*RID™ to a reservoir supply – or use a siphon tube or metering pump. Apply 1gallon of CHLOR*RID™ for 1 L for 7.4 to 24.5 m² (300 to 1,000 ft²) of surface, depending on contamination level. Use potable water or other approved source. A minimum 3,000-psi (20.7 MPa) pressure washer is recommended. Flush washer and lines prior to application. Hold pressure nozzle close to the surface, usually 5 to 15 cm (2 to 6 inches), to ensure all surfaces are washed with direct high pressure. Use hot water for best results. In areas of deep pitting, slow the wash speed to enable CHLOR*RID™ to penetrate into corrosion cells. Do not rinse.
- It will not interfere with the adhesion of protective coatings.
- 1 Gallon
- 5 Gallon