Mortar & Masonry Products
SPEC MIX® Polymer Modified Adhered Veneer Mortar
SPEC MIX® Polymer Modified Adhered Veneer Mortar (18011 and Bulk SM18011) is a technologically advanced adhered veneer mortar for use in bonding adhered manufactured stone veneer, natural thin cut stone and thin brick to a cementitious substrate. It is designed to provide excellent workability, cohesion, high bond strength, sag resistance, water resistance, efflorescence minimization, and durability.
- The ideal solution for architects and contractors with projects where an immediate and ongoing need for mortar delivering high bond strength and sag resistance during installation is required.
- In applications where mortar joints are not utilized, such as dry stack applications, it should be used to gain additional bond strength and “pop-off” protection.
- Installing natural thin cut stone veneer is aided by the unique anti-sag and its high bond properties.
- In addition to custom mix designs that are available for specific applications or properties, it is designed to be compatible with the characteristics of most all specified adhered masonry veneer units.
- It is acceptable for all types of construction: concrete, masonry, wood frame or steel studs.
- Colors available.
- Meets CSA A179 requirements.
- 36 kg bag – Scratch Coat: 20 – 23 ft²
- 36 kg bag – Bonding Coat: 24 – 26 ft²
- 36 kg bag – Joint Grout (1/2″ joints): 38 – 40 ft²
- 36 kg bag – Full Installation (Scratch, Bond & Joint): 13 – 15 ft²
- 1,360 kg bag – Scatch Coat: 780 – 860 ft²
- 1,360 kg bag – Bonding Coat: 900 – 975 ft²
- 1,360 kg bag – Joint Grout (1/2″ joints): 1,425 – 1,500 ft²
- 1,360 kg bag – Full Installation (Scratch, Bond & Joint): 485 – 560 ft²
- 36 kg (80 lb) 42 Bags/pallet
- ~1,360 kg Bulk Bag/pallet