Golf Course & Sports Field
Black Magic – Ice & Snow Melter
Black Magic Ice & Snow Melter (9992236) is a highly processed angular grit prepared by selective screening of coal slag resulting in clean, sharp particles of uniform consistency. It is designed to economically melt snow and ice that may cause turf loss due to extended or excessive snow or ice cover. Black Magic Ice and Snow Melter does not contain any ingredients that require classification under WHMIS regulations. The low crystalline silica content (<0.2%) is a significant benefit in situations where other products are not acceptable for environmental and safety reasons.
- When applied over the top of snow and ice, Black Magic Ice Melter absorbs the sun’s energy and radiates heat and increasing the surface temperature to melt snow and ice more quickly.
- Once the snow and ice are gone, Black Magic Ice Melter disappears into the turf, because of its particle size, uniformity and consistency, similar to top dressing sand, eliminating the need for cleanup.
- Colour: Black
- Grain Shape: Angular
- Hardness, Mohs: 6.5 – 7
- Bulk Density: 90 – 95 lb/ft³ (1,422 – 1,522 kg/m³)
- Specific Gravity: 2.85
- Moisture Content: <0.1% weight
- 50 lb 64 bags/pallet
- ~1,814 kg Bulk Bag 1/pallet