Black Magic (9992776) is an abrasive grit prepared by selective screening of coal slag to give a series of clean, sharp abrasives meeting the requirements of the abrasive blast cleaning industry. The product meets the requirements for classification as a Type I Inorganic Material under U.S. Military Specification MIL-A-22262A (SH), dated 6 Feb 87.
- Black Magic is suitable for most grit blasting operations on metal surfaces. The angular and sub-angular shapes of individual particles of Black Magic make this product ideal for the efficient removal of mill scale, rust or existing coatings from steel and other metals in preparation for painting.
- The low crystalline silica content (0.2% free silica) of Black Magic is a significant factor in situations where the use of silica sandblasting abrasives is not acceptable for environmental or safety reasons.
- Colour: Black
- Grain Shape: Angular
- Hardness, Mohs: 6.5 – 7
- Bulk Density: 80 – 95 lb/ft³ (1,281 – 1,522 kg/m³)
- Specific Gravity: 2.85
- Moisture Content: <0.1% weight
- 50 lb 64 bags/pallet
- ~1,814 kg Bulk Bag 1/pallet