Green Diamonds (9992219) are high-efficiency blasting grits prepared by selective screening of nickel slag. Three gradations are available to provide materials suitable for most blast cleaning operations. All three grades have a Moh’s hardness of 6.5 to 7, giving improved cutting relative to conventional industrial and silica sands. Green Diamond is manufactured by Cominco American for Target Products Ltd.
- Green Diamond is suitable for most grit blasting operations on metal surfaces. The shapes of the individual particles make this product ideal for the efficient removal of mill scale, rust or existing coatings from steel and other metals in preparation for fabrication or painting.
- The high fracture resistance of Green Diamond, plus the available dust reduction treatment, reduce dust formation and give increased recoverability, improved safety factors and reduced equipment maintenance costs while continuing to provide the required degree of etch.
- The low free silica content (less than 1%) of Green Diamond is a significant factor in situations where the use of silica sand blasting abrasives is not acceptable for environmental or safety reasons.
- Green Diamond is classified in Fisheries and Oceans Canada Report No. 1692 of January 1991 as: having moderate to low toxicity to fish, i.e. 96-h LC50 > 100 mg/L (Test value was > 66000 mg/L) not known to be persistent and not likely to accumulate in animal tissues.
- Colour: Green/Grey
- Grain Shape: Angular
- Bulk Density: 85 – 105 lb/ft³ (1362 – 1682 kg/m³)
- Hardness, Mohs: 6.5 – 7
- Specific Gravity: 3.3
- Moisture Content: <0.1% weight
- 50lb bags 70 bags/pallet
- ~1,814 kg Bulk Bag 1/pallet